Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of Alberta
CHRISTIAN CHIVALRY AND FREEMASONRY
Rarely does one connect Chivalry with Freemasonry, yet there is one branch of the fraternity which places great stress on Christian Chivalry and those virtues which go to make up chivalric character.
SANCTIONED BY GRAND LODGE
- The Entered Apprentice.
- The Fellowcraft.
- The Master Mason.
- The Royal Arch.
- The Knight Templar.
“This article is not intended to prevent any Lodge or Chapter from holding meetings in any of the degrees of Chivalry, according to the Constitution of said Order.”
REMOVAL OF CHRISTIAN SYMBOLISM
“Freemasonry is not a series of degrees to give those who have the money to purchase them, certain titles and decorations, for even in Freemasonry ‘a fool may be a belted Knight’, and an Entered Apprentice may have a clearer conception of God and man’s relation to Him, than he who wears the insignia of the highest rank. Moral conception does not exist merely in believing but in believing and doing. The Stoics of Rome persuaded themselves to believe that they were of Divine Essence and elaborated a finely spun system of philosophy, but they permitted the poor to lie starving at their doors.”
WHAT ARE THE CHIVALRIC ORDERS?
- The Order of the Red Cross.
- The Orders of Mediterranean Pass and Malta.
- The Orders of the Temple.
Rise up, 0 Men of GodHave done with lesser thingsGive Heart and Soul and Mind and StrengthTo serve the King of Kings.Lift high the Cross of ChristTread where His feet have trodAs brothers of the Son of ManRise up, O Men of God.
A WORD TO THE ROYAL ARCH MASON
HOW TO JOIN
- You must have received the Supreme Degree of the Holy Royal Arch of Jerusalem, the final degree of Royal Arch Masonry, and be a member in good standing of a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons.
- Membership in a Royal Arch Chapter requires that you have been raised as a Master Mason in a Craft lodge and be a member in good standing of a Masonic Craft lodge.